Monday, November 7, 2011

Exciting Lamp Re-do!



Okay, this is quickly becoming all I want to do. Good thing I have the morning off (parent teacher conferences at 1:00 - praise the heavens). I'm starting to feel sick and this blog is the medicine I've chosen to be nursed by for the remainder of the evening.


So last night, Cole and I went shopping and strolled into Pottery Barn. Look at the stockings he bought us. His idea entirely. Darling? Oh, yes.

I was also getting gift ideas while we shopped. I've arrived at the unfortunate conclusion that it's not going to be a bountiful Christmas for my loved ones this year. Money really shouldn't be an issue, but it just...is.

To overcome this humdrum conundrum, I decided to stay optimistic and tap into my inner creative prowess. I did a little digging through our past email exchanges, and I came across this site for vintage botanical prints. Woohoo! (I'm going to use some frames Cole found for me at his mom's house last night, and turn them into fabulous gifts. But more about that in a second.)

To make matters more exciting, last night was Sunday, which means diner with Cole's mom and dad. Cole (he definitely knows me like a best friend--good thing we live together) started digging through crawl and attic spaces looking for discarded goodies for me. He found THIS LAMP!
Yup, circa 1989. Freakin' awesome. I've been thinking about the lamp re-do you sent me (that we actually got a chance to do together! We were amazing!) and possible spray paint/fabric ideas for this guy. Luckily, that charming Southwestern design isn't etched into the lamp base, which is ceramic. It's all smooth. The shape of the shade is a little kooky, but the more I see it, the more I feel it growing on me. I went back to Pottery Barn's website, saw this beauty, and was struck with inspiration. What if...I painted the base this color in RustOleum hammered metallic silver? Hopefully it would result in this look. Oooing and ahhing like I am??? Yes?? Then I could take a gauzy burlap fabric and cover the shade. Bada bing, bada boom. Magic in my living room. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment