Friday, January 6, 2012

Soup

Well, hello! Check out my soup:



Olive oil, 1 tbsp
Large onion, 1, chopped
Red bell pepper,1, chopped
Fresh rosemary, 1 tbsp minced
Red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp
Butternut squash, 2 lb, peeled, seeded, cubed (I buy it pre-cut. You can kill yourself trying to cut up a butternut squash)
Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Low-sodium organic chicken broth, 4 cups plus more as needed
Cannellini beans, 1 can, rinsed and drained
Swiss chard, 1 bunch, tough stems removed, coarsely chopped


I added sausage and egg noodles to this mix to make it a bit heartier.


In a large saucepan, saute the olive oil, fresh rosemary, red pepper flakes, onion, and bell pepper. Cook for about 12 minutes, until the onion gets tender. Then add the butternut squash, salt and pepper. Heat for about 2 minutes, until the outside of the squash starts getting soft. Add the broth and bring to a boil, then lower heat and let it simmer for about 25 minutes.


Add the chopped Swiss chard and wait until it wilts a bit, about 3 minutes. Here you can add things like noodles or cooked and seasoned meat. Isssogood!


I've been cooking like a maniac. I freakin' love it. I'm like my own personal chef :) It's been extra fun because of these:

The cutting boards were a Christmas present, but we bought the knife ourselves a little while ago. Having the right tools makes cooking feel like art.

I'd post more, but blogspot makes it very tricky (and frustrating) to post pictures. I can't copy and paste in here, and when I insert a picture from my files, it loads it at the very TOP of the blog and spaces my lines out strangely. Too much stress for a Friday night--so you know what I'm about to go do. I'd insert a picture of wine here, but I might snap off my laptop screen in a rage before I get the chance.

Cheers, my beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment